MATTHEW J. HARRISON, M.D.Board Certified, Fellowship Trained Orthopedic Surgeon
Matt Harrison is a board certified, fellowship trained orthopaedic surgeon. He treats all musculoskeletal conditions including sports injuries, fractures, deformity, and arthritis. His surgical focus is on the lower extremity. He performs joint replacement surgery of the knee, ankle, and hip as well as complex foot and ankle reconstructions. Dr. Harrison believes in maximizing conservative care prior to undergoing surgery.
Matt is a graduate of the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine. He completed a five-year residency at the Oregon Health and Science University followed by fellowships in Oakland, California with Roger Mann MD and Auckland, New Zealand with Matthew Tomlinson MD. Dr. Harrison is a diplomate of the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, a fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons.
Matt grew up in northern California. He taught himself mechanics by rebuilding his first car, a 1967 Camaro which he still drives today. In addition to classic cars, he is interested in aviation and is a licensed private pilot. He studied mechanical engineering at the University of Minnesota Institute of Technology. His post graduate work included analyzing microgravity combustion experiments performed on the Space Shuttle Columbia STS-94 mission. His exposure to top research in biomaterials and implantable devices provided a strong foundation for his orthopaedic career.
Matt and his wife are active supporters of Operation Rainbow, a non-profit organization providing free orthopaedic surgical care in Latin American countries. In his free time, Matt enjoys wood working, music, traveling and spending time outdoors with his family.
Click here to know more about Dr. Harrison
- University of Minnesota
Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering
- University of Cincinnati College of Medicine
- Oregon Health & Science University
Orthopaedic Surgery Residency
- Oakland Bone and Joint Specialists, Oakland, CA – Roger Mann M.D., Director.
- Middlemore Hospital – Auckland, New Zealand – Matthew Tomlinson M.D., Director.
Activities & Affiliations
- Dual fellowship trained
- Oakland Bone and Joint Specialists, Oakland, CA – Roger Mann M.D., director
- Middlemore Hospital – Auckland, New Zealand – Matthew Tomlinson M.D., director
- Diplomate of the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member of the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons.
5333 Hollister Ave
Santa Barbara, CA 93111
2030 Viborg Rd
Solvang, CA 93463
On Tuesdays: Dr. Harrison sees patients in the Santa Ynez office located at: The Santa Ynez Cottage Hospital Physicians’ Clinic, 2030 Viborg Road Suite 104 Solvang, CA 93463